How to change key for the product?

• 9 November 2013
  • 31 replies

Show first post

31 replies

I just renewed my webroot.The keycode was the same as my old one. I followed the steps to update, Webroot ran a scan. However, my console still shows my subscription is expiring soon and I need to renew.
Userlevel 7
Hi Flamailman

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If you have not tried to do so yet I would download the latest version form the Webroot website, uninstall WSA, reboot, and then install using the latest installer, making sure that you do not say 'Yes' if asked, in the process, whether you want to use your previous settings.

You should be asked to enter your license code during the install process, so do than making sure that you are connected to the internet.  If all goes well WSA yous go through the install process (optimisation & scanning) and when that is finished yo can check to see if you have all the days of license that you expect. to have.

Post back here to let us know how you get on. ;)

HTH?

Regards

Baldrick
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
I just renewed my webroot.The keycode was the same as my old one. I followed the steps to update, Webroot ran a scan. However, my console still shows my subscription is expiring soon and I need to renew.
@ , I have a quick question for you: Is your copy by chance a Best Buy Subscription Software copy?  I ask because I know that when you renew a subscrition that is directly with Webroot, I am pretty sure that your new expiration date shows immediately.  With the Best Buy Subscription Software, the billing system does not run in 'live time'.  This simply means that now that your payment information is on file, you will not actually get billed by Best Buy until the renew due date, so the new expration date will not show until then.  It is perfectly normal for the Best Buy subscriptions to still show as expring soon as it will not actually bill the renewal until the exact renewal due date.

Let us know how you are doing on this!
Well- I used to have Webroot subscription and it expired several months ago. Around that time I got Best Buy boxed version. I installed it on 2 computers and both show on my account. Computers with original Websoot subscription show up as expired. So today- I entered the serial number from Best Buy boxed version on a computer that used to run Webroot original subscription. It said- it will scan, but the program disapeared, it does not show in Add/Remove programs, not on a program list, no icons. (See my other thread). I did not know if I supposed to reinstall the software. I did find a link where to download Best Buy version, I just dont understand why it should be that complecated if it is the same program.
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
Can I asked where your got the Best Buy Boxed version? Would it be from ebay or some other third party or from Best Buy and when?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
It was from Best Buy about 3 months ago.