Webroot Personal Security Report pop up at boot up

Show first post

87 replies

Userlevel 7
Hi ARG

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for stopping by...unfortunately I am not quite sure exactly what you are reporting.  Are you saying that running the Windows Repair Wizard stopped the Security Report from popping up?

Regards

Baldrick

Userlevel 1
Started happening again with the pop up on each bootup. Annoying but did the uninstall and reinstall and it's gone away.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Mtnhiker.
Great to know that you solved the pop up with a fresh reinstall.

Thanks for letting us know. ..come on back ya hear!:D

Salute
Userlevel 7
Now I am really feeling left out...4 months now since I last got a pop up for the Report...LOL
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Now I am really feeling left out...4 months now since I last got a pop up for the Report...LOL
Apparently there is a feature coming where you can manually generate the report from within the app.  Not sure of the timeframe though.
Userlevel 4
@ wrote:
Mtnhiker.

Salute
This is supposed to be a normal thing to show up and go away on its own.  A reinstall would just the process over again, wouldn't it?

I really don't see the purpose this nagging popup myself.
Userlevel 4
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Apparently there is a feature coming where you can manually generate the report from within the app.  Not sure of the timeframe though.
IIRC, when I had the popup, I also had the option from the app to access the site page but it's gone now.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Mtnhiker.

Salute
This is supposed to be a normal thing to show up and go away on its own.  A reinstall would just the process over again, wouldn't it?

Sorry for your troubles but I havent experienced these pop-ups wptski...
maybe one of the Forum memebers can add to this comment!;)
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Nic

Thanks, that is well worth knowing...and hoping that the feature is released soonish...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
@ wrote:
Hi Nic

Thanks, that is well worth knowing...and hoping that the feature is released soonish...;)

Regards, Baldrick
Actually I was misremembering the exact details - apparently you can get the report generated on demand now, but you have to contact support for them to generate the URL for you.
Userlevel 7
Cheers, but I think that I will wait for the new feature to be release...as I am sure that Support have better things to do with their time then handling Security Report requests by paranoid user...:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
@ wrote:
Cheers, but I think that I will wait for the new feature to be release...as I am sure that Support have better things to do with their time then handling Security Report requests by paranoid user...:D
I'm trying to get instructions to find out how to do it so that I can run it for you.  If so then you can just ping me if you want to see it.
Userlevel 7
Hi Nic, well that is very gentlemanly of you...thank you most kindly. :D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
No prob, that's what I'm here for 🙂  We're having trouble getting it to work as the feature is still in beta, but if I'm able to get it working then you can ping me for you or anyone on the community who wants to get their security report on demand.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Cool Nic. ..

As Baldrick saids that's mighty Gentlemen of you...do you hear a parrot in here...  :)
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Honestly it does not bother me at all but is it really necessary? For me no I don't need it, and how accurate is the report not even close IMHO so I would put Webroot's resources to better use, again IMHO.

Daniel 😉
Userlevel 7
@ wrote:
Cool Nic. ..

As Baldrick saids that's mighty Gentlemen of you...do you hear a parrot in here...  :)
Who is a Pretty Polly, Pretty Polly, Pretty Polly, then...LOL ;)
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hi Solly yup Pretty Pretty Polly..LOL
Userlevel 1
Just to add some info; I'm running Windows 8.1 in the Desktop mode. I've never used the Metro setup. I tried to see if the pop up would go away on its own and it wouldn't. I'd have to always close it out or visit the report page. No matter if I visited the report page or not it would still show up again on the next boot up.
Due to the length of discussion on this unsavory topic, can someone repeat the solution as to how to put a stop to this garbage?

Out of the blue, I suddenly have the same problem.  I don't understand why Webroot wants to play headgames with it's subscribers in this manner.    Annoying subscribers only encourages them to take their business elsewhere.......

It's not like that annoying crap actually helps anyone.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
@ wrote:
Due to the length of discussion on this unsavory topic, can someone repeat the solution as to how to put a stop to this garbage?

Out of the blue, I suddenly have the same problem.  I don't understand why Webroot wants to play headgames with it's subscribers in this manner.    Annoying subscribers only encourages them to take their business elsewhere.......

It's not like that annoying crap actually helps anyone.
Hello steve64,

Welcome to the Community!

Sorry for your issues with this pop up.You can uninstall and reinstall if you'd like or Contact Support but here's what Support recommends,you might want to try uninstalling and reinstalling Webroot and then viewing the security report.
It is something that is expected to go away on its own, please let us know if it doesn't.

Can you please do a clean reinstall of WSA and Please follow the steps closely!

• Make sure you have a copy of your Keycode
  • KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
  • Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Subscription PC users click HERE)
  • Uninstall WSA and Reboot
  • Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode and don't import any settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
  • Let it finish it's install scan
  • Reboot once again
Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

Also would you have a look here at the Ideas Exchange.

We are only volunteers trying to help others,

Best Regards,
Userlevel 1
There it is. That "canned" response of uninstall and reinstall. I am not doing that. Because if it persists, what will be the next "canned" response? Please uninstall and reinstall again, and this time, stand on your head and count to 100 backwards." No. This is a Webroot issue and I think they are just too busy or unmotivated to fix this issue. This has happened on TWO full installations of their product every year. The first time for me was last year with the free SecureAnywhere program that I received from Best Buy when I bought my laptop. I received this popup that I clicked on several times and still it wouldn't go away. Now, I bought this new ultimate 5 device program, installed it cleanly, and several days after installation I am receiving this same popup that keeps coming up every reboot. Webroot, this is YOUR end doing this, not ours. Just look into it. Do your job and, look into the code, and fix it. It's that simple. Next time around I will not be buying Webroot, but from a company that continues to support its software and its customers to get to the bottom of its errors. If I remember, I was given the "canned" response to uninstall and reinstall when I first encountered this problem the first time I installed this program. Let me tell you.. it didn't do a thing. I had to let the message run its course and go away on its own. No one at Webroot cares enough to get to the root of the problem so I don't care enough to continue using Webroot after my year is up.
Userlevel 7
Hello dyrelogan, welcome back.

No canned reply here from me this time... It is generally accepted that while the canned reply of uninstall/reinstall will fix it for a short time, the users really would like a bit more control over this.

Have you given a Kudo to the Idea regarding giving the users more control over this?  While it is under consideration, additional constructive comments or Kudo's may help convince the Dev's t move along on this.

I hope that other than the Security Report your experience with WSA has been good.  I assume it has been as you purchased the 5 user when your original expired, but of course please do let us know if you have any other problems.  We wll do our best to try to help.
Userlevel 7
Badge +62
Hello dyrelogan, 

Also may I welcome you back.

May I mention that we are strickly Volunteers wanting to help others and we do this the best way we can and direct alot of the OPs problems to the FREE Support Engineers.  Where we are so very proud of our product whereas you cannot get this kind of support from any AV out there.. We help more then we hinder.

Please understand that we do our best here!

Sorry you feel this way and that's your right.

Remember you can't get Free Support anywhere not like Webroot!!

Have a nice evening and as the saying goes come on back if you need more help!

Best Regards,
Userlevel 1
I do realize that you are volunteers and I am very thankful that there is a community of people willing to read multiple trouble issues connected with a software they didn't develop. I appreciate that. The thing that bothers me that this has been an issue for more than a year since I encountered it last year and now again this year and it hasn't been addressed or resolved. We as the users should not have to give a kudos or a petition to get a software recoded or fixed. That hangs strictly on the developer of said software. If this were free software, then I could understand the lax position in resolving these issues, but I paid 80 dollars for it and thus think it should be addressed, no matter how small. It doesn't take any energy to point your mouse over the X and click it away, I realize that. I also realize that Webroot does have really good customer service for the most part, I just wish it translated to support, i.e., software resolutions. This is not some petition to sign and once they get a million or even a 100,000 votes to fix it then they will dust off their keyboards and get to work. No, this is a software issue that needs to be addressed. Would you want to support a software that has these glitches or problems left unresolved for a year or more? If that goes unresolved, then what about my safety against malware, viruses, trojans, attacks? If they can let this little thing go for over a year, it kind of makes you wonder what they are doing about your protection. At least I am. I have used multiple Internet Security software, from Panda, Kaspersky, and Nortons and now Webroot, who I thought did a great job with keeping me clean, but now, since this issue has not been addressed, it makes me wonder what else is not being addressed. I am not upset at you or the other volunteers, but would love some feedback from the Webroot developers or those closely involved with Webroot about this issue. Whether it is going to be addressed or let go as petty. I said what I said about being a "canned" response because that's the shake off I usually get when developer's programs go haywire. So I uninstall, reinstall and everything either is fine after or not fine. Mostly the latter. But then something interesting is seen. The developer comes out with a patch to fix the problem that I had that they said was due to software corruption. I've seen it time and time again and that's why I finally snapped. If I directed it towards you, I apologize. Send it on to the ones who need to see it and need to react. Middle man never was looked on very highly. You all don't deserve our frustrations and for that I apologize. I am sure others would agree.