Solved

Webroot filtering extention Firefox 77.0

Show first post

30 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hi @BobbyS@TripleHelix ,

We have received questions from a few other FF users about this problem and some changes with FF 77 seem to have caused this. Our team is investigating. 

Could you both please confirm that whether you also have WSA AV client installed, and if so what version of WSA AV are you running?

Thanks

Pawani

Yes I have the Beta v9.0.28.48 but it seems to be with WSA itself as the WTS isn’t working in any supported browsers then I shut down WSA and restart it then the WTS works normal as it should.

And again WTS updated to v1.11.3.5 in Firefox as I can only find Version 1.11.0.12

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @BobbyS , @TripleHelix ,

We have received questions from a few other FF users about this problem and some changes with FF 77 seem to have caused this. Our team is investigating. 

Could you both please confirm that whether you also have WSA AV client installed, and if so what version of WSA AV are you running?

Thanks

Pawani

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

@BobbyS  Have a look at all your extensions to see if the Webroot Shield is installed and it could be turned off? If it’s not there then follow this to reinstall it within Firefox: https://community.webroot.com/web-threat-shield-131/adding-web-threat-shield-to-firefox-342501

But mine is showing but it’s not working since the new Firefox 77 update? @PVaddi@khumphrey  @freydrew 

And again WTS updated to v1.11.3.5 in Firefox as I can only find Version 1.11.0.12

Click Pictures to see full size!

Userlevel 1

As noted in my earlier post I put my keycode in, all that happended was a solid spinning circle which I let run for 5 minutes with no responce. Shut Firefox down & restarted, no Webroot extention icon. Is it working as it should?.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7
Badge +63

Hello @BobbyS 

Yes I seen that as well and I just put my keycode in it to make it go away, it looks like the extension did update yesterday! I will ping @PVaddi to see what she has to say. If it’s not there or not working correctly you can reinstall the Extension here: https://community.webroot.com/web-threat-shield-131/adding-web-threat-shield-to-firefox-342501

@khumphreycan you get some info about this as there was no warning and I can’t find the file that shows that the WTS updated to v1.11.3.5 as I can only find Version 1.11.0.12

Thanks,