I get notifications multpile times a day that both Webroot and Windows defender are turned off. This has happened since I had to uninstall and then reinstall Webroot to my computer. I am thinkinging there were possibly some files that didn’t fully get removed during the install that are now causing an issue with windows recognizing webroot. Please let me know how this can be fixed. I am concerned by it not only because it is annoying, but I do not want my computer left vulnerable since my webroot program now seems to freeze, hang, or close it self down at random times. I am on Windows Home, Dell Inspirion 7777, Please advise.
Best answer by TripleHelix
Can you please do a clean reinstall and that should solve your issue.
Please follow the steps closely!
- Make sure you have a copy of your 20 Character Alphanumeric Keycode! Example: SA69-AAAA-A783-DE78-XXXX
- Be sure you add your Keycode to your Online Console: Webroot SecureAnywhere Online Console
- KEEP the computer online for Uninstall and Reinstall to make sure it works correctly
- Download a Copy Here (Best Buy Geek Squad Subscription PC users click HERE)
- Uninstall WSA and Reboot
- Install with the new installer, enter your Keycode
- Let it finish it's install scan
- Reboot once again
- DO NOT import any old settings as you can set it up as you like once it's done
Please let us know if that resolves your issue?