Solved

Firefox Password Manager toolbar no longer works

Show first post

229 replies

Userlevel 2
I received an error with Password Manager also with the new Firefox update. The error states that "Webroot Password Manager could not be verified for use with Firefox and has been disabled." How can I get this extension back and on my toolbar?
@ wrote:
Thanks BurnDaddy, I did that and it's working again.
You're welcome, extremist. Glad to hear that. Hopefully we get a fix soon. 😉
@ wrote:
...being the very users that lead to their sucess in the first place.
I'm afraid I have difficulty in following you with that argument.

I think this is in danger of inflating our own importance. Imho if Webroot's success is down to anybody, it is surely down almost completely to the amazing and incredible Prevx team (all of whom have now gone on to other things, though many of the key-persons are still working under contract to Webroot for key-projects regarding WSA's future development: see, for example, here and here). We as beta testers are relatively small cogs in the machine, especially given the fact that the Webroot beta behaves very much like the consumer version of most other software products, so that our participation in testing is relatively passive most of the time, just confirming that everything is running as expected!

Yes, we play our part, but let's not get it out of perspecitve. Imho...
Login attempt failed.  Reason=Ajaxerror
In addition to the internet error message on Firefox, Edge, and Chrome. This what I am getting when logging into the Password section of my console.  Its not just a Firefox issue.  I purchased a new computer today and freshly loaded WR.  There is something wrong at Webroot.
Additionally, there has been no reply to my trouble request for a few days.  WEBROOT what is going on?
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
You cannot log into the webroot console site and retrieve your passwords.  This is what you get when you try:

Userlevel 2
Have you tried to log in on a tablet or smartphone? The last tine this happened I logged in with my ipad pro and screen shotted my passwords.

Userlevel 2
I argee but it was a lot easier than having to log in to my account on my ipad for passwords I need for my PC. NOt to mention I was a worried about my security so I didn't want to log in to WR console very often.
Userlevel 4
Yea I get you there. Especially in the world of a thousand accounts. I'm sure you have but for others reading this I would suggest making sure that your photos aren't going to your iCloud in a shared photo album. Those can be shared with others. 😉
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Using my smart phone to log into the console did not work.  I get the same AJAX error.
I fully recommend that anyone read this call into Webroot and talk to a real person.

What I can't believe is I see no sense of urgency for Webroot to treat it's customers right and resolve either of the two problems quickly.  It should have already been fixed.
@ wrote:
...fix your process for testing releases from these vendors.  Join their development communities and test release candidates BEFORE they are publicly released.
Their hands are tied somewhat. They are hosting an older version of a product that is not their own.
Userlevel 4
Try ESR version.

Mozilla Firefox ESR For Windows 64 bit.

Firefox ESR is intended for system administrators who deploy and maintain the desktop environment in organizations such as schools, governments and businesses.
Userlevel 3
Badge +5
Go to the folowing site https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/ and download ver. 60 backup your data and uninstall ver 62 now install ver 60 and password manager everything should work as designed. be sure to disable auto update.
@ wrote:
Some start class-action lawsuits over such things. 

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THAT THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION CLAUSE AND CLASS ACTION WAIVER. IF YOU ARE A RESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, THESE PROVISIONS WILL AFFECT HOW YOU ARE ABLE TO RESOLVE A DISPUTE WITH WEBROOT. THEREFORE, YOU SHOULD READ THEM VERY CAREFULLY. FOR EXAMPLE, UNLESS YOU OPT OUT OR HAVE A CERTAIN TYPE OF DISPUTE WITH WEBROOT AS FURTHER DESCRIBED IN SECTION 24 BELOW, YOU AGREE THAT ALL DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND WEBROOT MUST BE RESOLVED BY BINDING, INDIVIDUAL ARBITRATION AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE YOUR RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY OR TO PARTICIPATE AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS ACTION.
https://eula.webrootanywhere.com/
Edit: copy/paste is not typing caps nor shouting.  
Regards w Respect
@ wrote:
hey bjm......SHOUT SHOUT knock yourself out....yell yell loud and strong..scream scream you know what I mean; put another dime in the Webroot machine.
What the heck is that supposed to mean???
I think everyone who kudoed your post should feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves. Groupthink at its cruellest. Imho. And @, you haven't even deigned to reply to my question.
@ wrote:
hey bjm......SHOUT SHOUT knock yourself out....yell yell loud and strong..scream scream you know what I mean; put another dime in the Webroot machine.
What the heck is that supposed to mean?
Userlevel 2
While completely correct. I would think that a company as smart as webroot would have been able to change the status of a thread on a site they host. But then why would that be so easy when it seems it was to much trouble to send out a mass email on the issue we are all dealing with. Ohhh that right because it was more important to send us an email on how they have an award winning support staff. SMFH!!  
Userlevel 1
I still have not seen a response from webroot about refunds or extended time for those of us who just renewed with hesitation. Can someone from webroot answer this question please?                                                              
@ wrote:
Muddy I realize you take this Thread very seriously and that there is big problems here with PWM. 
But I do not feel anyone was being cruel.
Nothing to do with PWM. Everything to do with bullying a member of this Forum. Which I do not appreciate. At all.

Oh and by the way Jon, take your complaints (EDIT: about the use of caps) to the correct party. For your information, the caps are not BJM_'s but Webroot's: Webroot SecureAnywhere EULA paragraph 3
@ wrote:Come on, Keith. This is not the first time you've misinterpreted my posts and then espoused on it, and you know it..
I will agree with you there, Jon. I did recently misinterpret a post of yours, and in a quite uncharitable way. Fortunately I did own up to it the moment you called me out (and you were quite right to call me out). However I really still can't see how this time I misinterpreted you?

@ wrote: 
@ wrote: 
Can we be friends again?
Sorry, but we were never friends.
Well, we seemed to get on in quite a civil and friendly manner in the past. I regret that that no longer seems to be the case. Knowing me, probably my fault 😞. So, can we be friendly, friends or whatever, and civil again??

@ wrote:Kudoing a post is NOT bullying.
Sorry Jon, I disagree with you there. Kudoing a post that taunts a poster ad hominem, IS bullying.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7
If Last Pass or Webroot provides migration (import, export), I'd like to know now also how to do it.  That way I can upgrade my browser and just wait until the Webroot saga is settled, then migrate back.

Is that something Webroot can provide information on?

My password manager won't even show up if I go over FF56.  It used to autofill and generate passwords.  It never works anymore.  I get an error if I try to access through my webroot.  Secure web for your phone now has black writing on a black background.  I spent an hour on the phone with tech support and he said the phone issue isnt' that big a deal and the password manager will be fixed but they have no idea when and that Webroot is an antivrius, not a password manager so he insinuated it's a luxury.  I see no end in sight.
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Remember when they discontinued the very useful Windows Washer and substituted it with a tool that you have no control over as to what it's cleaning?  That was a Webroot mistake too.
That's what the guy said word for word.  I told him I was out and needed Secure web and he said it's a design flaw that they put black on black.  He said he'll send an email but not to expect it to be a priority and as far as password manager since it's unusable for me, becasuse of that errror he downloaded a CSV and told me to use that until the unknown time password manager is fixed.  Will not give an approx ETA...
Userlevel 4
Badge +7
Open support tickets on this, ask them what the deal is. Some of the people commenting here make it sound like they work for Webroot, but they don't and are defensive shills.