mymac is stuck I can't do anything with webroot
after a scan my mac is stuck nothing works with webroot. I can't remove webroot too.
Already have an account? Login
Login to the community
No account yet? Create an account
Enter your username or e-mail address. We'll send you an e-mail with instructions to reset your password.
Welcome to the Webroot Community
Sorry you are having this issue.
Can you restart your Mac and see if you can restart Webroot?
Would you please tell me if you are running Yosemite or El Capitan?
I have merged your second post with the first, I hope you do not mind. Please refer above to the reply from ?. She knows a LOT more about Mac OS than I do!
So are you trying to tell me that you want to uninstall Webroot?
To uninstall go here for instructions. http://www5.nohold.net/Webroot/ukp.aspx?pid=12&app=vw&vw=1&login=1&json=1&solutionid=1992&
If this fails then you can uninstall with the instructions above in Safe Mode.
Then if this fails then I would suggest that you submit a Support Ticket and they willl take care of this free of charge with an active subscription.
Hope this helps? Please let us know how you are doing ok?
The Mac operating system relies on permissions for most tasks. If these permissions are incorrect, they can cause a variety of issues, both with your programs and with computer performance itself.
To check permissions on the Mac OS:
1. Navigate to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility.
Note: The Disk Utility feature is advanced and powerful. Any action you take using the Disk Utility is at your own risk. We recommend you only use the Disk Utility under instruction by a qualified technician.
2. Click the Hard Drive name, e.g. Macintosh HD, in the left panel.
3. Under the First Aid tab, select Show details.
4. Click Verify Disk Permissions. This operation may take some time to complete.
5. If the operation finds permissions issues, fixing them can resolve the issue you have reported. Click Repair Disk Permissions. This process may also take time to complete.
6. Once the repair process is finished, restart your computer.
7. After restarting, please test the issue you have reported.
I got Webroot to start again, I found a place that wanted my e-mail and after I entered it Webroot started working again, It is scanning now. Thre is one stubborn malware that is hard to get rid of it is genieo.r. I hope after this scan I will be able to remove it. Thanks for your help. I'll keep you posted.
Remember support will help you otherwise if you still have issues. Because genieo.r can be a tuff one to remove!;) But Webroot should be able to clear this for you!