Solved

Email

• 24 November 2012
  • 33 replies

When I try to log in using the Webroot toolbar, I get an unknown email address.  Any ideas???  I can log in if I go to the website directly.
icon

Best answer by mllopes 29 November 2012, 00:05

View original

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Good to hear...:D
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Haven't been able to check my support ticket conversation but looks like they got it fixed.  All is well again.  Thanks.
Userlevel 7
Well, Gadgetguru

That seems to me like a prima facie case for getting back to the SupportTeam and asking them to investigate this. But before you do so have you tried accessing/setting up your Password Manager from the WSA client?

Check if you Password Manager tab in WSA is now showing a blue circle with a white cross rather than the more usual green circle with a white tick. If that is the case then click on the blue circle/white cross to get into the Password Manager tab and from then take the option to login/set up the Password Manager. It is worth giving that a try first.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
I spent some time on the phone with tech support. He tried to make sense of things and clean up my account a bit. I don't understand portal emails, multiple consoles, multiple users, or why they would be used, by my account has a few of each apparently. The issue now is that when I log in to the web console and go to Passwords, it tells me "No Account. The email address does not have a password manager account."
Userlevel 7
Cheers, Nic...many thanks for the intervention.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Sure thing - let me know if you have any problem with support getting it fixed for you and I can get your case escalated.
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
No I haven't but will give it a shot.  I have learned to rely on my password manager after using it for years and need it back!  Thank you!
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Only support can fix the email issues with the password manager accounts being linked up. Have you tried calling in rather than submitting a ticket online? That would probably be faster.
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Yes, I see this is quite an old topic and thought that he may not still be around!  :D  Thanks for the quick response!
Userlevel 7
Hi Gadgetguru

Am not sure that MireR is around in the forums these days so it may be better to ask this our most revered and excellent Community Manager, ? to see if he can help out on this one. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
This just happened to me as well (unknown email address).  I see my keycode is not associated to the email address I use but to a previous one.  Which is odd plus I have been using the password manager for over 60 days with a new keycode and no issues until recently.  I sent a support request two days ago but have not received a reply or acknowledgement.  ? any way you could help me out please?  Thank you.
Userlevel 7
I'm sorry for the bad news, but all we can provide you is the same answer provided in the support ticket, which is still the most recent information we have. Development is aware of the problem, and they are working towards a resolution. Unfortunately, we do not yet have one at this time. Once a solution is in place, we will be sure to update this thread.
Hello,

Sorry for the very late reply. I just want to say that I did try to create a new user account. HOwever, it still did not work. I tried logging using the tab and into my anndroid tablet device but I still get an unknown email address. WHat should I do next?

Shely
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Shely and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Did you try the things mllopes did in this thread? If not you will have to wait till tomorrow as a Webroot Staff members will be online 7AM to 5PM MST, Monday through Friday, and 10AM to 7PM MST, Sunday.

Regards,

TH
Hello,

I too have the same problem; I sent a support ticket but all I got was a reply saying that it was passed on to the developers and that I would be informed of the solution ASAP if available. Could you please help me?

Shely
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear mllopes and if you have any other questions feel free to ask. ;)

Regards,

TH
Userlevel 7
Great news, mllopes!

Thank you for updating the thread (it may be useful to others). 😃
Userlevel 1
well i managed to solve the problem, create another user inside my account and gave him permissions to all and after that i could login with that new email.
Userlevel 1
PM sent
Thank you
Userlevel 7
I sent a Private Message with instructions for you to try. Please respond in the PM and we will proceed.
Userlevel 1
ooops, key already registed
Userlevel 1
Good idea hehe 😉
Userlevel 7
Can you try creating a new MyWebroot account using the Complete trial keycode and let me know the results? You can use the email address that you registered here on the Community with.

Userlevel 1
Now it tells me your subscription is expired, please renew, but i still have some days(13) trial
Userlevel 7
Thank you for the response. :robothappy:

Your SecureAnywhere Complete keycode was not associated to your MyWebroot account (which is attached to your SecureAnywhere Antivirus subscription). I have now associated it and you can try to log in to the toolbar again.