Solved

Email

• 24 November 2012
  • 33 replies

When I try to log in using the Webroot toolbar, I get an unknown email address.  Any ideas???  I can log in if I go to the website directly.
icon

Best answer by mllopes 29 November 2012, 00:05

View original

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Only support can fix the email issues with the password manager accounts being linked up. Have you tried calling in rather than submitting a ticket online? That would probably be faster.
Userlevel 7
Hi Gadgetguru

Am not sure that MireR is around in the forums these days so it may be better to ask this our most revered and excellent Community Manager, ? to see if he can help out on this one. ;)

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 1
Badge +7
Haven't been able to check my support ticket conversation but looks like they got it fixed.  All is well again.  Thanks.
Userlevel 1
Thank you TripleHelix, i am almost joining webroot customers since i am liking a lot this suite, going to ditch a password manager if i get the one from webroot working, less software faster pc
Userlevel 7
Can you try creating a new MyWebroot account using the Complete trial keycode and let me know the results? You can use the email address that you registered here on the Community with.

Userlevel 1
well i managed to solve the problem, create another user inside my account and gave him permissions to all and after that i could login with that new email.
Userlevel 7
Great news, mllopes!

Thank you for updating the thread (it may be useful to others). 😃
Userlevel 7
Well, Gadgetguru

That seems to me like a prima facie case for getting back to the SupportTeam and asking them to investigate this. But before you do so have you tried accessing/setting up your Password Manager from the WSA client?

Check if you Password Manager tab in WSA is now showing a blue circle with a white cross rather than the more usual green circle with a white tick. If that is the case then click on the blue circle/white cross to get into the Password Manager tab and from then take the option to login/set up the Password Manager. It is worth giving that a try first.

Regards, Baldrick
Userlevel 7
Good to hear...:D
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello ponygt2000 and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

With the 2 issues that you are having I would suggest that you Submit a Support Ticket so the support inbox can help you.

Thanks,

TH
Userlevel 7
Hello ponygt2000, Welcome to the Webroot Community Forum. 😃
Userlevel 7
Welcome to the forum ponygt2000. :D

Can you please Send me a Private Message with the email address you opened a support ticket with? Or if you would like to troubleshoot here on the forum, please try uninstalling SecureAnywhere, rebooting the computer, and running the Best Buy SecureAnywhere installer (write down your keycode prior to following these instructions).
Userlevel 1
Hi all
I am right now trialing webroot complete before i buy it, and have encountered 2 problems one is fixed with help from someone from wilderssecurity, the other one is this same problem here, i can not login from firefox it tells me unknown adress, i have already uninstall and install again like MikeR said but problem persists, have waited those 30minutes and nothing, have sent a support ticket but since it is taking some time to answear i am trying to obtain help here.
Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello mllopes and Welcome to the Webroot Community forums nice to see you here. ;)

I will post the link to the Wilders thread so they know what's going on.

Regards,

TH
Userlevel 7
Hi mllopes,

I do not see a support ticket or a MyWebroot account under the email address you registered here on the forum with. This will help in the troubleshooting process. Please send this email address to me in a Private Message and I will be happy to help. 😃
Userlevel 1
pm sent
thank you
Userlevel 7
Thank you for the response. :robothappy:

Your SecureAnywhere Complete keycode was not associated to your MyWebroot account (which is attached to your SecureAnywhere Antivirus subscription). I have now associated it and you can try to log in to the toolbar again.
Userlevel 1
Now it tells me your subscription is expired, please renew, but i still have some days(13) trial
Userlevel 1
Good idea hehe 😉
Userlevel 1
ooops, key already registed
Userlevel 7
I sent a Private Message with instructions for you to try. Please respond in the PM and we will proceed.
Userlevel 1
PM sent
Thank you
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Great to hear mllopes and if you have any other questions feel free to ask. ;)

Regards,

TH
Hello,

I too have the same problem; I sent a support ticket but all I got was a reply saying that it was passed on to the developers and that I would be informed of the solution ASAP if available. Could you please help me?

Shely
Userlevel 7
Badge +56
Hello Shely and Welcome to the Webroot Community Forums.

Did you try the things mllopes did in this thread? If not you will have to wait till tomorrow as a Webroot Staff members will be online 7AM to 5PM MST, Monday through Friday, and 10AM to 7PM MST, Sunday.

Regards,

TH