"Waiting for Extension Webroot Filtering Extension"

• 21 January 2015
  • 63 replies

Show first post

63 replies

I reinstalled Webroot just now, and went to about 6 different websites, and so far, so good - no "waiting for extension webroot filtering extension".  So maybe you got it fixed!  Yay!
Userlevel 7
Badge +55
That's great to hear and I assume you have the new Web Filter 1.1.0.57?

Thanks,

Daniel 😉
Is it possible to get that beta to install?  I have the same issue with three different browsers on Windows 7.
Usually DNS requests never even get issued becuse the extension is stalling the process.
Userlevel 7
You need to put in a request to Nic for access...but would say that use of the beta is really for testsing purposes and not to resolve an issue you have ahead of the release of the fix or feature through the release channel.  

A beta that goes wrong can seriously affect your system and so should not be use on main systems unless if running under a VM or with rollback facilities.

Regards, Baldrick
HOW DO I STOP my computer asking do I want to add extention?  I don't want to see this request everytime I boot up.

I don't want this mess of problems you have listed.  It even warns me I could have problems.

Poor work by software & test teams and the managers leading Webroot. 

Thanks for your reply.
It is a PC windows with Explorer.  I'm not sure how to determine the version.
My computer boots up now with this extension and warning that it can cause problem.
My computer is now signifciantly slow. 
Help appreciated!
I have just installed Webroot SecureAnywhere two days ago and I have finally disabled the Webroot Filtering Extension.  I found this posting but nothing about it being fixed (sorry if I missed it) in over two months!

I thought I did my research on which product to install and now I feel like I'm back in the early 90s with Norton!

Please fix this!
thanks for the update baldrick
??

Well I just installed the temporary fix but this was for "Fix for the Firefox 40 & Password Manager toolbar issue", am I confused or did you put in the wrong link?

Thanks again!
Userlevel 7
Hi Wizcrash

You are not confused. When you said that you where unable to use the filtering extension I assumed, wrongly, that you where a Firefox user. I should have clarified that point first. I have advised further in your other thread in which you mention Chrome.

We can continue either here or in the other thread...I am happy to do so re. either...the choice is yours. :D

Regards, Baldrick

Yes I am using Firefox!  My problem is that the filtering is making my firefox soooo slow that I disabled it.

I was hopeing there was some fix or news on when it may be.

The odd thing is now that I ran your fix and enabled the filtering and firefox is not as slow now but I'm not sure if the filtering is working (even though it shows enabled).  EDITED, it must be working, I have the blue circles when I go to another web page.  I disabled filtering and pages "pop" now.

Sorry about the confusion!
I have Webroot Filtering Extension  1.2.0.9

Is this the most up-to-date one for Chrome?

It's SOOOOO slow.

-Monroe
Any update on this issue ?

I'm running win7 chrome  version 46.0.2490.71. Just installed WR secure anywhere. Worked fine at home. Now I'm traveling. Can't connect anywhere. I tried Disabling WR extensions without success. I'm forced to turn it off and just take my chances using a Vpn.  I'm not sure how this product got consistently rated so high.

-frustrated new user